The Academy of Music (fr: Académie de musique), sometimes referred to as the Montreal Academy of Music, was a theatre and concert hall in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that opened in 1875 and was demolished in 1910.
The Academy of Music was built by a company owned by the 19th century shipping magnate Hugh Allan. The theatre sat 2100 people, and was situated on the east side of Victoria Street just north of Saint Catherine Street. The theatre's inauguration occurred on November 15 , 1875 with a performance of Lester Wallack's drama Rosedale; or, the Rifle Ball with a cast led by actors E.A. McDowell and Fanny Reeves.
- Dany Fougères, Roderick MacLeod, ed. (2018). Montreal: The History of a North American City. McGill-Queen's University Press. p. 769. ISBN 9780773552692.
- Sarah Church (December 15, 2013). "Academy of Music/Académie de musique". The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- "Real Estate Sales". The Canadian Gazette. February 3, 1910. p. 489.
- Anton Wagner, Richard L. Plant (1978). Canada's Lost Plays, Volume 4. CTR Publications. p. 19. ISBN 9780920644584.
- Eugene Benson, Leonard W. Conolly, ed. (1989). "Academy of Music". The Oxford Companion to Canadian Theatre. Oxford University Press. p. 1-2. ISBN 9780195406726.